Go Back   Club Bazooka > Bazooka Technical Forums > Coaxials & Sattelites

Notices

Old 04-07-2012, 09:52 AM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
hookedonphonics is on a distinguished road
Help 0003 8" camo coax

I own 2 sets of camo coaxials mounted in my 1999 Jeep Cherokee and just bought a set of rx5s. My plan is to turn the set in the front doors into components. I would like some suggestions 1- whether to run the coax off the HP side of crossover? 2-run it together off the input side of crossover? or 3-clip the tweeter from the coax and run off the HP side of crossover? I bought them just for the crossovers and tweeters. Beat's the hell out of paying 325 bucks for some 8" Focals or way better deal than a set of DLS coaxials. They sound as good as the aforementioned if not louder. Great mid bass. It took a little work to get em in there but well worth the effort. I'm hoping to get better imaging with outboard tweeters?
Old 04-07-2012, 05:15 PM
Just Gettin Started

Default Re: 8" camo coax

Let me make the scenario clearer. I bought the components online dirt cheap to convert my 8" camo coax into a component system. There are 3 ways to hook them up without using the 5 1/4 mids. I just reread my post and was confused a bit.

Thanks for any suggestions
Old 04-09-2012, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedonphonics View Post
I own 2 sets of camo coaxials mounted in my 1999 Jeep Cherokee and just bought a set of rx5s. My plan is to turn the set in the front doors into components. I would like some suggestions 1- whether to run the coax off the HP side of crossover? 2-run it together off the input side of crossover? or 3-clip the tweeter from the coax and run off the HP side of crossover? I bought them just for the crossovers and tweeters. Beat's the hell out of paying 325 bucks for some 8" Focals or way better deal than a set of DLS coaxials. They sound as good as the aforementioned if not louder. Great mid bass. It took a little work to get em in there but well worth the effort. I'm hoping to get better imaging with outboard tweeters?
If you are going to install the tweeters from the RX5S, you can disconnect the tweeter on the Camo Coaxial and use the crossover from the RX5S for the tweeter and the Camo 8", just connect them to the crossover like any component system. If you are not going to use the tweeter from the RX5S, then disconnect the wires from the crossover assembly on the Camo 8" and connect the tweeter and Camo 8" just as you would any component system.

If that doesn't answer your question, post back. Your post is a bit hard to follow.
Geneh (04-09-2012), hookedonphonics (04-09-2012)
Old 04-09-2012, 01:32 PM
Just Gettin Started

Thank You Re: 8" camo coax

Thanks Heavy. I was unsure if the tweeters in the components was the same tweeter as in the coax's. One more question please Heavy can I paint the tweeter housing OD (olive drab)?
Old 04-09-2012, 01:34 PM
Just Gettin Started

Cool Re: 8" camo coax

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyduty View Post
If you are going to install the tweeters from the RX5S, you can disconnect the tweeter on the Camo Coaxial and use the crossover from the RX5S for the tweeter and the Camo 8", just connect them to the crossover like any component system. If you are not going to use the tweeter from the RX5S, then disconnect the wires from the crossover assembly on the Camo 8" and connect the tweeter and Camo 8" just as you would any component system.

If that doesn't answer your question, post back. Your post is a bit hard to follow.
LOL I'm dislexic! Even I can't read my own notes the next day! But I think you got it!!!
Old 04-09-2012, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedonphonics View Post
Thanks Heavy. I was unsure if the tweeters in the components was the same tweeter as in the coax's. One more question please Heavy can I paint the tweeter housing OD (olive drab)?
Absolutely, just take the tweeter assembly part, gently, and then prep and paint.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:34 PM
Just Gettin Started

Thank You Re: 8" camo coax

Thanks again Heavy...I'm gunna be the only one with 8" camo components. Ha ha ha eat your hearts out if you spent 350 on some focals!